Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Good Reads

Here's what I'm reading (at any given time):

SmittenKitchen.Com
smittenkitchen.com
This is my favorite recipe from the blog, so far
roasted carrot and avocado salad
Peel and cut carrots into about 2 inch pieces. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and about 1/4 tsp of cumin. Roast in the oven for about 20-25 minutes. After taking out of the oven, add sliced avacado (1/2 to 1 whole avacado, depending on the size) and drizzle with a little more olive oil if you'd like. The last time I made it I also diced a sweet potato to add to the carrots and roasted them together. The avacado at the end is cool, creamy and in perfect balance with the sweet, roasted vegetables. The writer also has a book filled with her recipes coming out soon!

HelloGiggles
Hilarious, heartwarming, easy-to-relate-to posts ... especially the bachelor(ette) recaps.

And one of my new faves ... Pinterest! I know, it's not realllly a blog, but it is sorta the lazy girl's blog. It's like a picture book of cool, funky, inspiring ideas that your friends and acquaintances circulate.

No comments:

Post a Comment