Monday, August 29, 2011

Fall Nail Fashion

I really like doing my nails. My former roommate, Courtney, got me into the habit; we would do our nails about once a week. It's a good way to take care of my nails AND incorporate fashion and accessories. I'm not very good at accessorizing. I don't really wear bracelets (annoying) or necklaces (choking) or heavy earrings (ouch). I don't really wear belts. Basically what I'm saying is freshly painted finger and toenails make me feel feminine and in control. And what woman doesn't want to feel those two things? I feel professional and polished when I have a fresh manicure/pedicure. But I can't afford a weekly (or monthly/quarterly/let'sbehonestyearly) mani/pedi. Good news - this is something I can do by myself, you can do by yourself, with basically the same results.

This fall, I'm wearing:
OPI espresso your style

Can't wait to try:
Matte nail polish (over color nail polish) - will post review!

Recent adventures:
Cut small strips of newspaper (using captions on photos is best because the font is bold.) After painting nails and letting dry (use light color for best results), dip nails in alcohol and press one newspaper strip per nail. Hold for about 30 seconds and then peel. Use clear top coat for long-lasting results.

No comments:

Post a Comment